A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Anna Blake

Somewhere to put links to interesting articles and websites for when we have time to browse.....

Anna Blake

Postby JennieF » Fri May 12, 2017 8:11 am

I have just finished reading 2 books by Anna Blake ....

Relaxed and Forward ..... which I discovered half-way through was where the 'relaxing signals' Helen wrote about came from - its a great read .... this is my favourite quote ...

"some horses and riders have a synergy and together they ride just to the edge of control - and balance there sharing perfection ..... There is brilliance in the art of the edge, you have to give up some control to let your horse be there ... you have to trust him. These are the moments that hook us forever because we become vulnerable partners .... and if you feel it once, just for an instant, the addiction takes hold ......"

The second book is called "Stable Relation" and is her auto-biography ... a good read ... she is not your average american female ...
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Anna Blake

Postby Chevalblanc » Fri May 12, 2017 2:53 pm

Great minds think alike - I have just ordered a copy of Relaxed and Forward, been a fan of her blog for years.....
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Sat May 13, 2017 7:00 am

Like her writing a lot, thanks for the recommendation Jennie.
Trudi

Postby littlewhitehorse » Sat May 13, 2017 7:15 am

I didn't twig until I saw the name written here that it is Anna Blake you were talking about... have read some of her stuff, probably the blog. :-D
littlewhitehorse

Return to Reading Room