A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Further Fun with Fabi

Re: Further Fun with Fabi

Postby JennieF » Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:01 pm

I hope Fabi is better soon Katy - its horrid when they are not right :hug: :hug:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby fabikat » Mon Jan 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Thankyou Trudi and Jennie.
I have had concerns about him for a little while. The last time I rode him i was very concerned which was why I asked Juan to video him on the lunge.

I will keep dabbling with the inhand stuff, you never know ...
katy x
fabikat

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Really sorry to hear Fabi isn't right, I hope it isn't anything long-term or serious, it's so hard to know what it is and what to do, vets or wait and see.

As to the horse agility, I looked into it ages ago but Lucie really didn't seem to enjoy it, but then she has lameness issues so was against doing anything she didn't choose to. Helen and Ali did lots of TREC training with obstacles, with Seraphina. It looked fun, but very similar to the Parelli with patterns and obstacles that I do, so I concentrate on that. I use old tyres for weave and lots of wooden poles we cut ourselves; I do want to get hold of some of those blue plastic barrels too, and I even have a big green ball which I bought on promo in October but haven't had a chance to play with yet and I'm not getting it out in the mud :roll:
littlewhitehorse

Postby fabikat » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:33 am

Some video from the first time I attempted agility things with Fabi. I have no idea how you are supposed to go about it so we just did what ever happened really. Also had a go with Kaiser but didnt get any video of that.
I need to do more basic work with both of them really to get better commands set up.
Atm it is just a matter of spending time with them really.
katy x
fabikat

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Jan 18, 2015 4:33 pm

:thumbup: Lots more ideas for horse agility on their website: http://www.thehorseagilityclub.com/getting-started/
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby Trudi » Sun Jan 18, 2015 5:49 pm

Great way to spend time together and he seemed to like having to think about things :thumbup: the only thing I would say is to try and be more positive, don't worry if the command is wrong or he hasn't yet learned it but be clear with it rather than apologetic :wink: you are a capable horseperson, belive in yourself!
Trudi

Postby littlewhitehorse » Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:08 am

Isn't he gorgeous :love: thanks for sharing the video :thumbup: a good start, i love Fabi's expression. I think you two are going to have fun with this.
littlewhitehorse

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Your confidence will grow as you do more and more and that will pass onto him. I did a bit with Isba and she enjoyed it more than I thought she would -even the spooky stuff -but she always hated jumping in-hand, which is strange because I find they mostly really like it. Mav loves it!
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Previous

Return to Blogs