Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: The Beasts of Exmoor

Postby Trudi » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:46 pm

:lol: :lol:
Trudi

Postby Trudi » Fri Oct 03, 2014 6:01 am

Well as I am back to blogging ‘proper’ I had better start updating in here too!

The summer has had a mixed amount of training, lots of time off to do other things. Following on from a Spring/early Summer of trying to shake off a gastric problem (all OK now) Chapiro has not has had as much work in the school. We had a lovely time pootling about on hacks with Moo, either riding and leading or with Lydia.

So we are back proper in the school and it is time to crack the canter! Not easy on my hips but they are learning to tolerate the stretch. quick video of where we are now. Working on him and me and back to work on the Spanish Walk preparatory work which was put on hold a while ago.

http://youtu.be/6M4kXQjTvIo

Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:26 am

Beautiful movement :love:
Tess and Organza

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:53 pm

Hope your hips loosen up! Chapiro is looking good, what a handsome little horse he is and looking very relaxed and smooth and responsive. :thumbup:
littlewhitehorse

Postby Trudi » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:14 am

Thanks Tess and Sheila. It's funny how once you start to see a chink of light it suddenly starts to stream in...the canter is gaining in strength and self-carriage now and is a joy to work with. Still needs too much help from me but try to keep it minimal and literally just reminders of where the balance should be. I took something from my newest student who is a western rider but was trained in classical many years ago- in western the horse should be prepared to canter at a split seconds notice so I have taken this to my training and will ask for canter right in the midst of something entirely different like walk lateral. It is certainly keeping him engaged in the mind, adding in a little clicker to the equation has him right on the aids :thumbup: I love these information exchanges!

Beginnings of Spanish Walk...gave up with the jambette before leaving France as had more important things on my mind, seems he didn't forget though and we now have SW although not quite the walk rhythm I want it is getting there.

Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Wed Oct 08, 2014 7:08 am

mucking about playing with kiki the other night when I'd just opened the hay, she was loitering for more carrots, tickled her under the arm as it were and of course she jambetted ( :lol: ) carrot, then she walked after to me enthusiastically doing a one sided jambette, hilarious and very cute, obviously likes a game :)
Tess and Organza

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed Oct 08, 2014 6:59 pm

Horses do really seem to enjoy jambette!

Gorgeous vid, Trudi. It all looks so unhurried. I loved the rb to canter moments. Chaps is really loving his work and he is maturing into such a fine fellow. He is a credit to you and whatever 'it' is, you've got it girl!

:notworthy:

More vids soon please :crossfingers:

Lovely still photo too :love:
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Trudi » Thu Oct 09, 2014 5:58 am

Thanks Sarah, he is though, undoubtedly, the slowest developing horse I have ever had but it does seem to be coming good finally. Even the difference between Monday and yesterday was noticeable and bless him he is getting the idea that canter can happen anytime, anywhere and regardless of correct leg he just has to go forwards with ease.
Trudi

Postby spottygiraffe » Thu Oct 09, 2014 12:25 pm

Trudi wrote: he is though, undoubtedly, the slowest developing horse I have ever had

:lol: That really made me laugh! Bless him. It is a testimony to your patience. I guess when he gets it it really sticks and will be there forever.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs