Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Re: Bensons Blog

Postby fabikat » Sun May 24, 2015 10:05 pm

Looks like you are certainly having fun with your new boy Janet :-D
katy x
fabikat

Postby spottygiraffe » Tue May 26, 2015 7:01 am

I won my first rosette with a pony called Benson. Best mane and tail! It was a red one too :wink: :lol: I was thrilled to pieces.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Chevalblanc » Tue May 26, 2015 7:34 am

:lol: Sky thinks puddles are terrifying too.......
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby littlewhitehorse » Tue May 26, 2015 8:11 am

He is gorgeous :love: love the dapples! Nice view from on board, looks as if he caught you out that time :lol: It's as much about getting to know each other, he did ask the question of you, before deciding he didn't like the look of the puddle.
littlewhitehorse

Postby HighJinx » Tue May 26, 2015 2:53 pm

Must be a special horse name Sarah :wink:

He hadn't spun with me before just stopped and stared but will be ready for spinning now :lol:

Been doing lots of work on hack for halting without picking up a contact and standing still, targeting scary things and setting and maintaining a nice soft trot, working on the transition and rhythm. When I asked for trot he tended to zoom off, so working on sitting to the trot and half halting then giving him a very soft contact and maintaining the rhythm with my rise. He is also learning to go and target scary things with his nose, then stand quietly beside them and walk calmy away from them. Sugar free minty treats! :wink:

Super pleased with our Baroque feedback, feel really inspired to do more in hand work :thumbup:
HighJinx

Postby spottygiraffe » Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm

He's certainly got a lot of spirit and will keep you interested! Sounds like you're doing really well with him so far and congrats for the great baroque feedback.

Spinning -yikes -that's so hard to sit. You must have a very sticky seat.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby HighJinx » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:36 pm

Been working on our halt. 'and standing' 'good boy' 'minty treat' got it pretty spot on now, he also now stands for mounting and I can catch him in the field, good old
+ R :thumbup:

Show Jumping on Sunday :wine: :wine: :wine: a few of them before I get on should do the trick :rofl:
HighJinx

Postby Chevalblanc » Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:04 pm

Good luck on Sunday, hope we get to see some pics :-D
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby HighJinx » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:43 am

Well after a frantic saddle search, long story, my saddle broke :doh: managed very last minute to do the show jumping. What a laugh, he is very fast and strong :blink: but a fantastic jumper. As long as I vaguely pointed him at the jump he did it :love: Nearly fell off :rofl: but managed to get myself back in the saddle and carry on. We went clear and he did a super jump off, we were much more together for that :love: . 3rd place out a pretty big class so not bad for a first attempt and now I know what to expect we should do better next month. No photos, someone took a little bit of vid but their battery ran out and we were too far away but will see if I can download it and upload it :random:
HighJinx

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs