A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Another horse...?

Re: Another horse...?

Postby fabikat » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:23 pm

Thanks Sarah. If I have time next week I may try and film again. At least it is a test that doesnt need the camera man.

We have also made some progress with the reinback so a baroque ridden is also a possibility. Havent got the reinback on video yet and I am sure it is not very pretty or correct yet but at least we can attempt it.

His mane and tail hair is growing back nicely so fingers crossed :crossfingers: we can keep on top of the sweetitch when the time comes.
katy x
fabikat

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby spottygiraffe » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:58 pm

fabikat wrote:We have also made some progress with the reinback so a baroque ridden is also a possibility. Havent got the reinback on video yet and I am sure it is not very pretty or correct yet but at least we can attempt it.

I'm sure Trudi would say that just evidence of intention and willingness to rb would be fine for a starting point.
Sarah x

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
spottygiraffe

Postby Trudi » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:57 am

Absolutely! The way the tests work is that the whole flow is important and of course correct movements but that isn't everything. Sounds like you are two are coming along very nicely :thumbup:
Trudi

Postby littlewhitehorse » Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:11 am

fabikat wrote:
He has been with us three months now and I am very pleased with his progress. Just waiting for the first real hiccup now..... It will have to happen :wink:

:lol: Sounds as if you're having fun with him and building a good relationship :thumbup:
littlewhitehorse

Postby fabikat » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:27 pm

Put together some clips from my rather long practical horsemanship test so you can see just how scared he was. LOL
I have had a look at some previous entries and it seems that I need to do less faffing around between each element to fit everything easily in the time limit. I think the limit is quite tight though even so.
katy x
fabikat

Postby fabikat » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:30 pm

katy x
fabikat

Postby fabikat » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:45 am

Well, in the end I entered the baroque inhand and not the practical horsemanship class. Made sure I got my entry in early enough for the full tips and advice deadline too :-D

I think we got 1% more than last time and reading the feedback I achieved more or less what I had aimed for.
I will discuss some of the points here to have a record of it and if anyone has any thoughts then feel free.

Firstly Trudi noted that it would help to focus my energy forwards rather than focusing close up. Now yes, so true. Because this work is still new to us both I tend to focus on him at my side rather than ahead of me as I am still not confident enough that he will be there where I want him :lol: which of course he probably usually is.

With the totf Trudi noted that he had mobile quarters and that is something we have worked od quite a lot so it is good to have the results recognised. The totf in the opposite direction he gets a bit sticky and too much bend in his neck with Trudi commented on but I was patient with it and we didnt mess it up too much. I am still trying to find out how to avoid the neck bend in that direction :wink:

It was noted that the energy could be a little higher but I think Trudi is aware and agrees that it is better to take our time and allow Kaiser time to think about what he is doing. It is also for my benefit too as it makes me more aware of what I am or am not doing too.

In the first RB Trudi was kind enough to reward me on my patience and said she can see a more relaxed Kathy. With the second RB and seeing the reluctance from Kaiser Trudi asked if he will move back from a hand on the chest and yes he will and quite easily but I have not tried it in the test like that. Something to think about trying. That is just me being a little inflexible and wanting to try it more 'inhand' method than 'NH' method iykwim :oops:

At one point he got a bit distracted by the neighbours sheep which was duly noted :lol: We achieved a better stretch on a long rein this month albeit not in the manner that I want it to be but at least we have a step forward with it.

So in general Trudi has noted that I am managing to be more patient and relaxed and although in future the work will benefit from more energy we do not want to be asking for this at the expense of calm.
All in all exactly want I am aiming for. As you all know Fabi is a little wired up bundle and work has always focused bringing the energy down and looking for calmness so it is good to be working on things from a different perspective. Atm if I ask for more energy from Kaiser he is more than happy but then the work suffers as he forgets what he is doing with his feet and (and brain) and loses concentration. So slowly slowly catchy monkey it will be for now.

Thankyou to anyone who takes the time to read this and sorry if you were utterly bored. :rofl:
katy x
fabikat

Postby littlewhitehorse » Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:44 am

Guess I'm first to read and I found it very interesting, well done you not only for the test and all the effort you're putting in also to write it up here :thumbup: so I can sit on my backside reading what others are doing :lol: although it is raining so that.s today.s excuse for not being out there :oops:
Sounds like good result with ideas to work on :hurray:
littlewhitehorse

Postby Trudi » Sun Mar 01, 2015 8:28 pm

You are doing so well :thumbup: I am taking a break from a ridiculaously large class this month and enjoying a mooch on AMOH :-D you definitely have a knack with this work and Kaiser is developing a real calmness which is great to see.
Trudi

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:27 pm

:thumbup:
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

PreviousNext

Return to Blogs