A Matter of Horse

All things Equine, all over the world.

Facebook Pinterest Twitter

Petition ....

Re: Petition ....

Postby Trudi » Sat Jul 25, 2015 2:31 pm

851!! Well done Jenny- I put it on EE and it is everywhere I look on FB- great result for a worthy cause. Will pop on some US places if I have time later.
Trudi

Share On:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter

Postby JennieF » Sat Jul 25, 2015 3:25 pm

Brilliant thanks Trudi, Heather has also shared on her own page :thumbup: :thumbup:

890 now and counting ..... messages coming in from all over the world - I never thought it would be this big, I expected a couple of hundred signatures maybe - I get an email for every signature, so my inbox is looking a bit full !!!
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby JennieF » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:19 pm

This has just been posted on the H&H thread - I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes :thumbup: :thumbup:

"Just been to Malvern to see the stallion classes, today it was tannoyed no outside assistance allowed (so no plastic bags and people running the fence lines at all! ) "
Read more at http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/s ... ar4DICl.99
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby JennieF » Sat Jul 25, 2015 6:34 pm

and this from a listed judge who has signed the petition - it is going to make a difference ......

"I am an ECAHO listed judge for years and have judged hundreds of show in Europe, Middle East, Australia and North & South America. I can testify that horse abuse and surly before coming to the show ground and the show ring has become greater and unacceptable. Many of us judges try to stop at least what goes on in the ring but with no significant success. I believe that we as judges, Ring Masters and Disciplinary Officers are not doing enough and should enforce the penalties stipulated in show Rules of Conduct in such situations.

I am also an active member in several Committees of ECAHO including the Executive and Show Commissions and subcommittees as the Instructors Group and the Judging System Revision Group. I can assure you that all of us as members and many of us as horse owners are aware of this problem and trying to reverse the methods of horse showing to make it more natural without extreme standup postures.

We did not enforce any measures yet but I hope that we will succeed in doing so soon.

I do not want to venture on why this ill treatment at this point worsening.

I hear of horrific measures employed during training and before coming to the show ground. We as officials will not be able to do anything at this stage. The horse owners have to help us by forbidding their trainers from resorting to these methods. Most horse owners close their eyes on this abuse for the purpose of winning. It is unfortunate but true.

I signed the petition because I believe this abuse has to be stopped at all levels."
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Chevalblanc » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:05 am

Over 2000 signatures now :thumbup: It's been shared in a few closed groups I'm in on FB too, including Gloucestershire Horse Riders which has over 13,000 members....
Helen

ImageImageImageImageImage
Chevalblanc

Postby JennieF » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:40 pm

over 4600 now - thank goodness Change.org have stoped sending an email for every signature it was getting a bit :random: :random:
ImageImageImageImage
JennieF

Postby Trudi » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:36 pm

:hurray: and I keep hearing about other petitions I signed and things do change, little by little we can make a difference.
Trudi

Postby Tess and Organza » Thu Jul 30, 2015 9:02 am

Trudi wrote::hurray: and I keep hearing about other petitions I signed and things do change, little by little we can make a difference.

yep, recently heard that a rare cancer drug which a friends daughter needed had been made available in west sussex due to a petition, if you feel strongly, act on it, so many people lack courage in their convictions, well done Jennie :thumbup:
Tess and Organza

Previous

Return to General horse stuff